Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Tax Prom!

To my great surprise, I recently learned that there is an annual "Tax Prom" for members of the "tax community," held at the Ritz Carlton Hotel in Washington DC.

Who is the "tax community," I wondered.

Apparently, ordinary American taxpayers are not members of the "tax community," since tickets are $500 per person (of which $288 "may be tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law," according to the event's 501c3 nonprofit sponsor, The Tax Foundation), placing it out of the reach of most American households.

Opportunities with additional perks for the extra generous are available at various levels from bronze ($6,500) through diamond ($40,000).  Noteworthy sponsors include soda companies (Coca Cola and Pepsi), a tobacco company (Altria), and alcohol and beer trade groups.  Amazon and Walmart as well as other large corporations are also represented, along with H&R Block, Intuit, and various accounting firms.

The website boasts that last year's prom broke all records for the number of Congressional representatives and staff attending.  (It is unclear what, if any, price they are asked to pay for their attendance.)

The invitation page states:  "Engage with more than 500 of the tax community's most influential executive branch officials, congressional staffers, members of Congress, sponsors, and non-profits. Establish yourself or your organization as a critical voice in the tax reform debate."

The website is here:  https://taxprom.com/




5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing such a great blog. I find this on google thats is very informative for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually added your blog to my favorites and will look forward for more updates. Great Job, Keep it up. First of all let me tell you, you have got a great blog .I am interested in looking for more of such topics and would like to have further information. Hope to see the next blog soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy to read this. This is the kind of manual that needs to be given and not the random misinformation that is at others blog.
    I appreciate your sharing this best article.
    Chartered accountant in India: www.neerajbhagat.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That actually seems interesting.
    I am curious to see what tax professionals do for fun

    Small Business Tax

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks again for all the great information…I am grateful! 1099 C Form Online. You can clearly explain about it.

    ReplyDelete