Thursday, June 2, 2016

Links for lunch talk on taxes to Union Scholars

IRS Publication 17 Your Federal Income Tax
IRS Publication 970 Tax Benefits for Education
Form 1040 and Instructions for Form 1040
Kelly Erb explains how to understand your W-2  and your 1099-MISC


Comic relief:

Tax errors: tax software, tax professionals, and even the US Treasury Secretary make them!
Adventures in the tax code: When is an Xbox taxable income?
And about those cars given away by Oprah?  More discussion, including Jon Stewart's take
If the IRS discovered the quadratic formula ...

2018:  update "the really big postcard"

Humor can be helpful in relieving the often tedious details in tax laws but THIS is serious

"My parents told me they will not claim me as their dependent this year.  That means I can claim myself"  Not necessarily!  See here.

After graduation, what will you and Warren Buffett's secretary most likely have in common?




2 comments:

  1. Thanks again for all the great information…I am grateful! 1099 C Form Online. You can clearly explain about it.

    ReplyDelete